Everyone knows about honeymoon but probably very few would have heard about babymoon. Babymoon is an increasing trend these days among gonna be parents. Babymoon is a vacation you take with your partner before the arrival of the baby mostly in the second trimester to spend some quality time with each other and relax. Since babymoon is an increasing trend, many hotels and resorts are even offering a babymoon package for couples.
Why should you go on a babymoon?
The answer to this is very simple. As mentioned above you need to go on a babymoon to spend some time with your partner. Your life changes a lot once the baby has arrived and you don’t get time even yourself. You might have to stay awake all night if your baby keeps you awake and even otherwise you have to wake up to feed your baby every 2 hours in the initial stage. You won’t get this time to enjoy with your partner alone once you are a parent as you have increased responsibility.
So go and do some adventurous activities but of course keeping the safety of you and your baby. Go on some nice sightseeing and shopping. Have some nice food and taste different cuisine, get some rest as much as you want as you will not get this time again. Moreover, this could be your last trip without a kid (at least for certain years unless you go on vacation leaving them with a caretaker but your mind won’t be free as you constantly keep thinking about your child).
5 babymoon destinations around Bangalore:
There are plenty of resorts in Bangalore if you wish to take only a day trip. Resorts can also be a good babymoon destination which offers some relaxing therapy, activities and some nice food. But don’t go very hard on spa and massaging or you could consider only foot massage or head and shoulder massage. Or check out if the resort has any massage treatment specifically for a pregnant woman.
If you wish to take a trip for 2 or 3 days, then here are the best babymoon destinations to choose near Bengaluru.
Madikeri is the best place to consider for your babymoon. You get to relax and enjoy amidst the lush green coffee estates. There are few waterfalls also to visit but be extra careful while driving to a waterfall since the roads are very narrow. You can go to Kushalnagar, a Buddist monastery and also shop many wonderful and colourful items there. Also, you can go to Kaveri nisargadhama and go boating. Nisargadhama is a 64 acre land with thick bamboo groves, teak wood and sandalwood trees.
Chikmagalur is a beautiful hill station in Karnataka. A weekend getaway for many people especially for Bangaloreans. It has many places to visit like Mullayanagiri, Kudremukh National Park, Hebbe Falls, Baba Budangiri, Kallathigiri Falls, Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary, Bhadra River, Kemmangagundi, Jhari Waterfalls.
Sakleshpur is rich in its tea, coffee and spice plantations. The lush green hills will definitely take your breath away. It is located in the malnad region in foothills of western ghats. Few places to visit in Sakleshpur are Manjarabad Fort, Murkannu Gudda And Hadlu Waterfall, Ayappa Swamy temple, Bisle View Point, Jenukal Gudda Hill, Ombattu Gudda Hill, Sri Sakleshwar Swamy Temple.
Yercaud is located in Tamilnadu. The hill station gives you a pleasant feeling and rejuvenates your mind. Yercaud Lake is the best place to visit there. Some of the other places are Pagoda point, Kottachedu Teak Forest, Kiliyur waterfall.
Formerly known as Pondicherry it is famous for Aurobindo Ashram and Auroville, its beaches and the French colony. You can relish on different cuisines at the cafes. The paradise beach is an isolated beach and offers the best view and you need to take a boat ride to reach the beach. The shopping is really funfilled and you get to see so many different varieties of clothes since it attracts different tourists from all over.
Few tips before planning a babymoon
1. Consult your gynaecologist and discuss your travel plans. Decide to go only if your doctor says everything is okay and safe to travel. After all, your doctor knows better about your health and pregnancy.
2. Choose a location and a stay that is very easy to reach. Ensure that you don’t have to spend a lot of time in reaching the hotel that you booked.
3. Make sure that there is a medical centre or a hospital close to a room that you have booked.
4. Don’t forget to carry your medical file and the medicines that you are supposed to take. If the stock of the medicine is less, then buy it before starting the trip and do not neglect to buy it later.
5. If possible, try to carry your own pillow or a maternity pillow if you have one. Sleep during pregnancy is difficult and having your own maternity pillow is beneficial.
6. Carry your comfortable clothing and footwear. Avoid wearing clothes that are tight and pants that are tight. Try to wear maternity gown or pregnancy clothes that are available.
7. Carry some fruits and snacks with you. You might feel hungry while travelling or at night. It is best to keep some snacks handy.
8. Check with the hotel person that you have booked a room about what they offer for pregnant women or what is included in the babymoon package.